You Are Our Priority

Had An Accident in the Durham Region?

If you have been in a car accident, the first step you must take is ensuring the safety of yourself, passengers and bystanders by contacting the proper authorities. If there are no injuries or property damage, you may be able to contact a Collision Reporting Centre. A CRC is a police facility that was created to assist motorists in reporting accidents and collisions throughout the GTA.

Please note: The Highway Traffic Act requires all accidents in which there are injuries, damage over $1000.00 or damage to any highway property to be reported to police.

Contacting a Collision Reporting Centre

Before contacting a CRC, you should take the following steps:

  • Check the "exception list" to ensure the police are not required
  • If it is safe to do so, remove vehicles from the roadway
  • Exchange information with the other involved parties, including independent witnesses (names, addresses, phone numbers, insurance and vehicle information)
  • As soon as possible, bring your vehicle to the CRC servicing the police district in which the accident occurred
  • Bring your documentation with you to the CRC, including your driver's licence, proof of ownership and insurance

FAQs about Collision Reporting Centres

Q: Does the CRC take Fail to Remain accident reports?

A: Yes - The CRC will take fail to remain reports. A police officer will be dispatched if the suspect vehicle is still in the area of the accident.

Q: What are the hours of operation at the CRC?

A: The Collision Reporting Centres are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with the exception of the Port Credit Ontario Provincial Police CRC. Their hours are 7 days a week from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM.

Q: When would a driver attend a C.R.C.?

A: With the following exceptions, any driver involved in a property damage accident can report the accident at a CRC (police units will be dispatched to the scene when one or more of the following situations apply):

  • Accidents involving injury or death
  • Involved vehicles require towing or are unsafe to drive
  • Criminal activity is involved in the accident (e.g. impaired driving, stolen vehicle, assault)
  • Accidents involving Federal, Provincial or Municipal vehicles (including TTC)
  • Accidents involving vehicles transporting dangerous goods
  • Accidents involving a person who is uninsured or a suspended driver
  • Accident involving damage to private, municipal or highway property

To learn more about what to do after an accident, contact us today.

Local Collision Centre Locations

Accident Support Services Durham Region

655 Rossland Rd. East

Whitby, ON
L1N 9G5
Phone: 905-668-4157
Fax: 905-668-4560

Accident Support Services Toronto East

39 Howden Rd.
Scarborough, ON
M1R 3C7
Phone: 416-701-1600
Fax: 416-701-1605

Accident Support Services Toronto North

 113 Toryork Rd.

North York, ON
M9L 1X9
Phone: 416-808-3960


Alliance Collision

961 Dillingham Rd

Pickering, ON, L1W 1Z7

Phone: 905-420-3501

Fax: 905-420-7559



Monday - Tuesday 08:00 AM - 05:30 PM

Wednesday 08:00 AM - 06:30 PM

Thursday 08:00 AM - 05:30 PM

Friday 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM

Saturday - Sunday Closed


Send to a friend

Send the url of this page to a friend of yours

Copyright Alliance Collision 2018 - Legal
Created by

Legal notice